Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tuna melts



I like trying to be creative with the limited ingredients to create dishes that I like. One could look at this as frustrating, a challenge, an opportunity to be creative, or fun, depending on your perspective. I have decided to share some recipes I came up with in case it’s not as fun for you as it is for me. There are also recipes in the back of the book.

The Tuna Melt:
I like to make this at work for lunch. It’s a twist on an old classic.
For the bread or bun, I use the galette that you can have once a day. Instead of adding the sweetener to make it like a pancake, I add some seasonings instead. The other day I used chilli lime spice from Epicure. It gave the galette a hot taste. I make the galette the night before and then put it in a baggie in the fridge so I can just grab and go in the morning. For the tuna, I chop some onion (which you can have on protein days) about 2 tbs. of non-fat greek yoghurt per can of tuna, and sprinkled some dill and lemon spice in it. I spread the tuna mixture on the galette, and top it with a fat free cheese slice, preferably swiss. And voila, a tuna melt that is delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. These are really good! Except I usually just have the galette with sweetener and I make my tuna mix a little different. Although this way is good too.

    ReplyDelete