Wednesday, January 04, 2012

No Alcohol



Yes, I may have forgotten to mention, or you may have figured out, alcohol is not allowed on this diet in any stage, or not that I have found yet…so how do I not be tempted to have a glass of red wine with that pasta dish, or a beer with that steak ?  Well, for the risk of sounding like an article out of Shape or Women’s health magazine, I tried to limit my access or opportunity. I offered to be the designated driver for others at social functions. I also made sure I had another drink that I liked to drink, like diet pop, herbal tea, or coffee, (that was approved on the diet), and that way people didn’t keep asking me if I would like to have something to drink, as I already had something to drink.

To resist temptation at the lovely pot lucks at work, I offered to cover duties for other workers so they could go and enjoy themselves completely, and not have to worry about running back to get the phone.
I also kept reminding myself of my goal, and asked myself if I really wanted to get there or not. I wasn’t going to just eat protein for fun, there is a goal in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment