Sunday, January 08, 2012

Seafood Chowder

This is one of my all protein staples.
Seafood Chowder:

Ingredients:

1 litre skim milk
1 package of seafood chowder mix
1 can of baby clams
2 fresh cloves of garlic
1 piece of fresh ginger
chopped onion
green onion
fresh ground pepper
1 packet artificial sweetener

I first slowly heat the skim milk in a pot on the stove. I usually don't turn it passed 2 on the dial so as not to burn the milk. Then I add my freshly grated ginger (the piece would depend on how much you want to taste ginger). I usually use one maybe 2 cm by 3 cm, 2 minced cloves of garlic, the packet of sweetener, the clams with the juice from the can, and then the rest of the frozen seafood and frshly ground pepper. I let it cook, stirring every now and again to make sure the milk doesn't burn, until the seafood is cooked through and the flavours blend nicely.  It does taste even better the next day.

When I tasted it without the sweetener, I could really tell it was skim milk, and thought it was missing something. I added the sweetener because I thought the butter gave it a sweet taste, and found it made a really big difference in the taste.

I hope you like it!









No comments:

Post a Comment